This bit of craftsmanship will unquestionably include a particular, extraordinary and appealing touch to your place.
This Moroccan pouf is an adaptable household item that accents your space with magnificence and usefulness.
It very well may be put in a room, lounge room, powder room, or other space all through the home or office.
Regardless of whether utilized as a side table, footrest or footstool, hassock, or its most standard use as extra seating, your space will be graced with a piece that will start up captivated discussion and esteem.
- Ethically sourced and carefully assembled in our Workshop in Marrakesh, Morocco
- Made with 100% Genuine Leather
- Comes with a Zipper on the base
- Shipped unstuffed to guarantee the most reduced conceivable conveyance costs
- Size: 12" in Height x 21" in Diameter / 55 x 30 cm
Made by hand in the Moroccan city of Marrakesh, our Moroccan Poufs have been handcrafted by specialist artisans over a number of days. Morocco has long been celebrated for its famous leather tanneries, many of which have been in continuous operation since the eleventh century. Those same ancient techniques are employed today to create some of the world’s most prized leather goods including the much-loved Moroccan Pouf.
Preparing the leather
The process begins with a piece of leather dyed by hand in a leather tannery. Hundreds of large stone vats, arranged like honeycombs, are filled with various potions designed to speed along the process of turning animal hides into finished leather. Hides are stripped, rehydrated and then immersed into white vats filled to the brim with an aromatic concoction that softens the material.
They are then moved to another set of stone wells that hold an eye-popping array on natural vegetable dyes (think saffron, bark, henna and mint). The hides are manually dipped and stirred in these vats before being laid on the rooftops of the medina to be dried by the sun, followed by a stretching procedure on a wooden frame. The process is extremely labour-intensive, taking an average of 20 days to complete.
Stitching it all together
After the leather has been left to dry in the African sun it is then carefully cut into shape. Each pouf has at least 36 different pieces which are then hand sewn together with ‘Sabra Silk’. Sabra Silk is hand loomed from natural fibres which have been harvested from cacti found in the Sahara Desert and dyed with vegetable dye.
The distinctive Moroccan patterns on the upper side of the pouf are sewn on entirely by hand.
The end result
Since Moroccan poufs are not mass produced in a factory, yet made by hand in a small workshop, your pouf is not perfect in its shape, colour or size and can therefore contain imperfections. This not only makes your pouf unique, but confirms its true Moroccan authenticity.
Filling Your Pouf:
Your pouf can be loaded up with nearly anything you need to hand, polystyrene balls, scrunched up papers and plastic packs, or old apparel and textures, for example, sheets. It is an eco-accommodating approach to go through materials you may have put away at home for reusing. On the other hand, your neighborhood furniture upholsterer should have the option to supply reasonable stuffing materials.
- step by step instructions:
- Ensure the material you are utilizing is spotless and dry.
- Unfasten the pouf and open it out to itʼs full shape.
- Start by bit by bit filling the edges of your pouf to guarantee that all the little spaces are completely stuffed. This will forestall air spaces framing in your completed pouf.
- Keep on including stuffing uniformly guaranteeing the sides and creases are rounded out.
- If it's not too much trouble dodge over-filling your pouf as this could put a strain on the zip when shutting, yet after some time as your pouf makes camp it very well may be beaten up with all the more filling.
*** All our products are shipped safely and securely with UPS International Priority from Morocco. Products are guaranteed to arrive to you. Once the shipping is processed, we will provide you with a tracking number so you can check the status of your package online.
Please note that we aim to dispatch all orders within 1 working week (Due to Coronavirus emergency). Please be assured our customer service department will keep you updated at all times on the progress of your order. You will receive an email notification once your order has been dispatched.